The David C. and Sarajean Ruttenberg Arts Foundation has endowed a first-of-its-kind residency at the Hyde Park Arts Center (HPAC) with a $500,000 donation.
The long-feared second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic is hitting Chicago, and numbers are up in the Hyde Park area.
- $500,000 donation to Hyde Park Art Center endows new residency
- Neighborhood Club receives pair of $5,000 donations for Learning Hub
- Rep. Buckner's DUI case continued to December
- Cases, positivity increasing in Hyde Park area, as second wave of COVID threatens Chicago
- 50th anniversary of Gen. Richard Jones Armory rings with praise for Ill. National Guard’s Black history
- In Boxville, two brothers and a friend open Natty Bwoy Bikes & Boards
- Police blotter, Oct. 12-18: UCPD reports 6 more paintball shootings
- Lab School's memorial to Breonna Taylor vandalized again
In spite of new regulations that would allow them to take part in sports during COVID-19, the students on the Kenwood girls cross-country team elected not to compete during the fall season.
The Kenwood Broncos won’t play any football games this fall because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but some sports will be played.
Kenwood Academy has named Mike Irvin to be the Broncos head boys basketball coach. He succeeds Justin Bowen, who left to pursue a job at the college level at the end of the 2020 season.
Arts & Entertainment
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s new, paid and online series "CSO Sessions" continues to offer high-quality performance combined with expert audio and visual presentation, making it the next b…
British playwright Titas Halder's 2017 “Run the Beast Down” belongs to a long line of stories about privileged young men who suffer psychological meltdowns because of professional or personal …
Porchlight Music Theatre is kicking off its all-virtual autumn with a welcome alternative to Zoom plays that fits the digital format surprisingly well.
Opinion & Letters
To our readers:
I had high hopes, when it was announced that the National Park Service (NPS) would be doing an environmental assessment of the Obama Presidential Center. At last, I thought, some scientific ob…