CDC studies show boosters extremely effective at preventing hospitalization and death
As the city passes its omicron peak, Chicago Public Schools is considering a move to shorten its quarantine rules for unvaccinated students from 10 days to five days.
Illinois Republicans say SAFE-T Act is ‘damaging and dangerous’
- Local COVID numbers down, but hundreds more Chicagoans will die due to omicron surge
- Afro Film Series returns to Harper Theater for Black History Month
- As Chicago passes omicron peak, CPS looks to shorten quarantine to 5 days
- Peters, Buckner slam state GOP's announced intentions to repeal criminal justice reforms
- Hyde Park businesses have received hundreds of thousands of Illinois 'Back to Business' dollars
- Man wounded in Tuesday shooting told dispatcher he wanted to be killed by police, prosecutors say
- Kenwood Lady Broncos trounce Simeon, ending regular season with 15-4 record and conference championship
- UCPD releases body cam footage from Tuesday shooting
The Kenwood Academy girls basketball team defeated the Simeon Wolverines 72-30 Wednesday evening, winning their conference for the second year in a row.
The Kenwood Lady Broncos dominated against the Hyde Park Thunderbirds during Saturday night’s game at Hyde Park Academy, racking up a final score of 74-27.
Arts & Entertainment
After a two-year hiatus caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Afro Film Series will return to Harper Theater for a second run beginning this February, spotlighting African and Caribbean cinema …
Court Theatre just postponed the opening of “The Lady from the Sea” for three weeks until Feb. 25, but this response to the COVID-19 omicron surge is a small blip in the theater's extraordinar…
“An Unapologetic Dream,” the Hyde Park Art Center’s (HPAC) Martin Luther King Jr. Day event, will take place virtually on Monday because of the recent COVID-19 omicron surge.
Opinion & Letters
Dear Fellow Chicagoans,
To the Editor:
To the Editor: