The University of Chicago Medical Center (UCMC) announced Thursday that it is adopting a universal masking policy, allowing furloughed staff who are asymptomatic to come back to work. The decision will restore some capacity to the university health system, which has experienced a rapid incre…
Government and private-sector officials explained resources available to local business owners confronting the rapidly changing economic conditions brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
Help support your local Hyde Park businesses.
- U. of C. Medical Center announces universal masking policy, brings back furloughed staff
- Government and private sector representatives update small business community on resources amid economic downturn
- University of Chicago Presents will co-host live stream performance by Third Coast Percussion on Saturday
- What's open and what's not among Hyde Park businesses and services during virus crisis
- Hyde Park Neighborhood Club will hold 'virtual' Pancake Breakfast on Sunday
- Sophy Hotel donating rooms to house first responders; guests moved to Hyatt Place
- Lightfoot closes lakefront, threatens ticketing and arrest
- Hyde Park Garden Fair, scheduled May 15-16, cancelled
The Kenwood varsity baseball team will open its 2020 season with a new head coach, Romey Bracey, but the CPS has postponed the season’s opening games indefinitely. The Broncos were scheduled to open the season on March 16 against Carver High School.
Crystal Lindsey is completing her first full season as head coach of the Kenwood Academy varsity track and field team.
The Kenwood Academy Broncos boys basketball team’s season ended on March 7 when top-ranked Hinsdale South knocked them out of the state tournament 70-62.
Arts & Entertainment
This Saturday, the Grammy-winning ensemble Third Coast Percussion will offer a free, live-streamed performance from its studio in Chicago. The University of Chicago Presents, along with the 92…
Trust the theater community to come up with a creative way to survive in a time of plague.
If you are looking for middlebrow entertainment geared toward a mature middle class (mostly white) audience, “Middletown” at the Apollo Theater may be just the ticket.
Opinion & Letters
The proposal to close Cornell Drive, widen Lake Shore Drive, and transform Stony Island into a commuter highway is ill-conceived.
As the COVID-19 novel coronavirus makes its way across the United States, I have watched with bated breath as it has entered so many different areas of my life, just as it has for millions of …