After hundreds of millions of dollars of investment from the federal and state governments, the Chicago Quantum Center has launched a quantum startup accelerator at the Polsky Center, Duality, with hopes of bridging research at the University of Chicago’s highly specialized engineering schoo…
Kenwood resident Gloria Batey has launched Hood 2 Hire (H2H), a new nonprofit that will teach professional skills classes beginning in September.
After breakfast at Valois Restaurant, 1518 E. 53rd St., Rev. Jesse Jackson expressed his view that — with the video of George Floyd's killing and the expert testimony suggesting pressure applied to his neck was the principal cause of Floyd's death — the jury would be able to convict police o…
- Polsky Center launches quantum science and technology accelerator
- Kenwood resident starts nonprofit to give people workforce training
- Army health care providers to train at UCMC Trauma Center
- Elected Chicago school board bill passes House
- Union and district reach tentative agreement to reopen Chicago high schools after weeks of tense negotiations
- OPC prep work kicks off, with Lightfoot pledging $200 million 'transformative' investment
- Black Creativity Program, including country's longest-running exhibition of Black art, returns at MSI
- New Protect Our Parks lawsuit seeks to stop Obama Center construction
After averaging nearly 38 points per game in his first four games this past season, Kenwood basketball star JJ Taylor showed he’s a force to be reckoned with in the Chicago Public League for the next few years.
The Kenwood Broncos' boys soccer team defeated Gwendolyn Brooks High School 4-0 at home on Thursday, April 8. Here, Kenwood's Savien Grant (#33) gets a shot off toward goal as he avoids a Brooks player. The game was called early due to inclement weather and an injury to Brooks' goalkeeper.
The Kenwood Broncos had their first loss of the season, falling 20-0 to the Morgan Park Mustangs on Saturday, April 3, at Gately Stadium.
Arts & Entertainment
A pair of exhibitions showcasing talent from Black Chicagoans and artists worldwide opened at the Museum of Science and Industry (MSI) last week as part of the institution’s Black Creativity P…
"Artist Descending a Staircase"
Lyric Opera of Chicago released its latest free video on Sunday afternoon, a splendid collection of excerpts from Verdi’s “Attila” featuring four soloists, members of the Lyric Opera Chorus, a…
Opinion & Letters
After a year of struggle with the scourge of our pandemic, we would like to take the opportunity to thank our very loyal customers for their continued patronage. It’s been a difficult time for…
To the Editor:
To the Editor: