The National Park Service (NPS) released an environmental assessment for the Obama Presidential Center (OPC) project in Jackson Park on Monday. There will be a 30-day public comment period on the report, including public meetings on Oct. 13 and 14.
Whether because of limited space, logistical issues or lingering concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, only a few health and fitness studios in Hyde Park-Kenwood plan to take up the city's allowed expansion of maximum class sizes from 10 to 15 on Oct. 1, when a number of business guidelines …
The House of Representatives unanimously passed Rep. Robin Kelly's (D-2nd) Helping MOMS Act that provides states with the option to extend Medicaid coverage for one year after a woman gives birth.
- National Park Service releases environmental assessment for Obama Center, schedules public meetings
- Few Hyde Park health and fitness studios plan to increase maximum class sizes to 15
- House unanimously passes Rep. Kelly's bill to expand new mothers' Medicaid access to whole year
- 2nd District police set strategic planning session after law enforcement's summer of reckoning
- Supreme Court pick wrote the opinion in Obama Center ruling
- HPKCC adds more than 50 members this year, elects new board members
- U. of C. reopens for fall, under protest from some workers and students
- Hyde Park Jazz Festival creates connection despite social distancing
In spite of new regulations that would allow them to take part in sports during COVID-19, the students on the Kenwood girls cross-country team elected not to compete during the fall season.
The Kenwood Broncos won’t play any football games this fall because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but some sports will be played.
Kenwood Academy has named Mike Irvin to be the Broncos head boys basketball coach. He succeeds Justin Bowen, who left to pursue a job at the college level at the end of the 2020 season.
Arts & Entertainment
Over the weekend, Hyde Park residents and visitors welcomed the 14th annual Hyde Park Jazz Festival with great fervor.
The final Rush Hour concert of the season, which streamed online last week, was a fitting and splendid way to end the summer season for the International Music Foundation. The Kontras Quartet …
Both Lyric Opera of Chicago and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra have announced further details about the upcoming season and their responses to pandemic conditions that will not allow live perf…